Look around your favorite online hangouts canadian online pharmacy these days, and you might see a common theme. No matter where you go for news, amusement, or online shopping, somebody appeals to you to join their Facebook following. As Facebook has fast become the most popular social networking among people over 30, businesses know it is a prime forum for marketing products and services. Everything from pet supplies to coastal resorts, restaurant chains to car manufacturers is on Facebook, working to get social with clients and customers.
Here are some important statistics on Facebook:
- Facebook has more than 300 million active users.This is larger than the population of most countries.
- 50% of active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- The fastest growing demographic of Facebook users is people 35 years old and older
- The average Facebook user has 130 friends on the site (think about how many people read a friend’s news feed…the word of mouth possibilities are endless)
- More than 10 million users become fans of Pages daily.
- More then 65 million active users currently access Facebook through their mobile devices.
With the ease of accessibility Facebook offers to users, communication between friends has increased, along with a user’s tendency to share information. People post links to news stories, videos, and products to their profiles. They recommend books, movies, and local restaurants. Any business without a Facebook presence needs to seriously think about setting on up, not only to market products and services, but to monitor what others are saying about you.Consider the advantages of having a Facebook fan page:
- Instant socialization: Feedback is real-time, and you can communicate directly with one customer/client while promoting to anybody else reading the feed on your page.
- Search optimization: In blended search paradigms, Facebook pages are showing up in search under certain keywords. With a page, you increase the opportunities for being found online.
- Customization: Create a unique look for your company with a customized fan page.
That’s right, you can add touches to a Facebook page to make it unique. You might think Facebook is limiting in terms of the options you have with regards to marketing. All Facebook fan pages look alike, right? Not necessarily. It’s only a matter of know what tools to use and how to properly arrange your page to maximize exposure of your brand. The application Static FBML (which is short for Facebook Markup Language), allows users to add customized tabs to the fan page, thereby allowing for unique content, graphics, and anchor text to your company’s main site, shopping cart, or anywhere else you want visitors to go.How it Works
Once logged into Facebook, you will need to go to the page for Static FBML. Underneath the avatar on the top left corner you’ll see a link that says, “Add to Page.” Click to add the capability to your business’ fan page.
Next, go to your fan page and access the backend. The FBML option will appear under the Applications section. Click edit and you’ll find the means to add a new box and tab to your page. You will add raw HTML code into the new boxes you create, but bear in mind that FBML may not accept certain types of code like scripts and iframes.
With FBML, you can create beautiful graphic pages advertising various aspects of your business, even text pages of articles and stories relevant to your company. The more you tinker with this customizable option, the stronger you can build your Facebook community.